Sunday, September 21, 2014

Satan Cannot Imitate Peace
September 8, 2014


This week I decided that I love my mission even more. I really learned again about the importance of receiving and following promptings that we get. This week we got to go on exchanges, and that night I really felt like there was a companionship of sisters that needed to go on an emergency exchange. I thought maybe we could just wait a week, or wait till the next day,  but as I prayed and asked what God wanted, I felt a huge sense of urgency. We needed to do it that night. Sister smith and I had planned on talking to three people before we went home that night, and we had only talked to two. We had to run home so I could pack for our exchange, but we really wanted to talk to one more person! We were going down this street and no one was home and time was running out  so we decided to run to the last house. We ran over there and right when we got to the door, someone opened it and said, come in! We ended up being able to teach them and they wanted to learn more! it was quite a miracle.

We went out the next day, but by dinner time a sister I was on an exchange with  wasn't feeling too well so we stayed in that night.  I really felt like God was guiding me a lot because everything that I needed to say was coming to my mind. I really felt like something big was going to happen that night, but I also just felt the Spirit comforting me the whole time, letting me know that it would work out. We ended up talking a lot that night, and without going into too much detail, I helped this sister realize how much her Heavenly Father loved her. She was not happy here, and as we talked about her going home, it just felt peaceful. I told her that the only thing that Satan cannot imitate is peace and there was a huge sense of peace that had come over the room. It was amazing. I truly felt God's love for this sister and I was so glad that God trusted me to be the one to help her realize that she had completed her mission in His eyes. It was amazing to see the smile on her face as she realized this and she said, "I think I got my answer." She is so great.

So now Sister Patera, Sister Smith and I are covering both wards and we are loving it. We are really good friends which is probably bad and we have too much fun probably, but I'm so excited for the rest of this transfer! Great things are happening.   The Spirit is so real and I'm so thankful for it!!! I seriously don't know what I would do without it. I am so grateful that whenever we are not sure about a decision, we can just make it and take it to God and He will let us know if it is right. I love missionary work and I love being a missionary. It makes me happier than I've ever been before. I'm so thankful for eternal families and that I have such a great family to come home to!!! I love this gospel with all my heart and I know it's true without a doubt especially the Bible and the Book of Mormon. My faith in Christ has never been stronger. I love my Savior and Redeemer with all my heart! I LOVE MY MISSION!!!!!!!

Also, mom, I played the piano at a baptism and accompanied a musical number and I almost died but it was okay. I can magically play hymns now, it's great. At the beginning of my mission I couldn't play at all!!









No comments:

Post a Comment