Monday, January 6, 2014

The Plan of Salvation
January 6, 2014


This week was really awesome. One day as we were planning we really felt like we should go see this lady at 10:00am, that we have been trying to see for a long time but she was never home. The feeling that we should go at 10:00 was a very strong one. Her neighbor had told us that we should go ask her if we could pray with her because she had cancer. We had met her in the past and she said we could come back. She always had a special place in my heart because her name was Laura. So we went that day at 10:00 and SHE WAS HOME! We asked her what she would like us to pray for, and she asked us to pray for her friend who had just passed away from breast cancer, and her kids were pretty young. She asked us to pray for their family. She told us how close of a friend she was and how they had helped each other through their cancer. Laura was happy that she got to have such a bright spot in her life like her. I feel the same way about Laura Stofko.

I knew that I had to say the prayer, but I didn't know what to say. All I knew is that this situation was something so close to me and I wanted Laura to feel the love that I felt for her and her friend. Before I said the prayer, the words came to my mind, "remember that you are SPEAKING to your Heavenly Father. He really is there and its like talking to your Father." I paused for a second. During the whole prayer I felt the love of my Heavenly Father SO strongly. I prayed like I never have before. To be honest, I don't really even remember what I said, but I do know that tears started coming and I knew that I meant every word that I said. I honestly felt like I felt Heavenly Father's love for each and ever member of that family that was grieving. It was one of the most powerful experiences I've ever had. After the prayer I bore my testimony about the plan of salvation, about the premortal life and how we used to live with our Heavenly Father as Spirit sons and daughters. Being here on earth has not changed that one bit. We are still His sons and daughters and we have so much eternal potential and so much ahead of us in the eternities with our family. We each have a divine nature and He wants so badly for us to know how important we are as individuals. There was a talk this past Sunday that talked a little bit about that. They said that every time Heavenly Father needs something specific done on earth, He sends a baby. An individual that can do what others cannot. That is also why He sent His son.  Prayer is the most powerful thing that Heavenly Father has given us. It's how we can know that we are known by name. It's something that we can always rely on and I KNOW from my daily experience that prayers are answered. No matter what.

I guess this week has just been a lot about the plan of salvation. We met this girl that is 16 years old and she is so awesome! We asked her a little bit about her religious background and stuff, and we got talking about questions that she has. She expressed that she really has always wondered where she came from and why she's here. She doubted that she has a purpose here on earth and has not been able to find answers to those questions. We had an awesome conversation about the Restoration of Christ's Gospel and how soooo many of those answers are in the Book of Mormon. We told her that we'd talk about the plan God has for her next time, and she was so excited. The most excited I have ever seen anyone! The pure joy that was on her face that she can find out for herself the answers to these questions. We told her that we know that God loves her SO much and if she wants to know that Christ's Gospel has been restored and that the full plan of happiness is here on earth with us, she can pray. She was so confident that God would answer her. It was such a happy night.

I just want to leave you with my testimony this week of Christ's restored gospel. If I've realized anything on my mission its that there is so much pain and suffering in the world and in everyone's lives. But I've also realized that God takes care of His children. He wouldn't leave us alone to raise families and live in this crazy world without guidance. I am so thankful that we have a prophet that lives and guides Christ's church today. I am so thankful that we have the Book of Mormon to help us answer the questions of our soul and give us the power to do anything and feel a peace that cannot be found anywhere else. I am so thankful for the knowledge of eternal families and that death is not the end. It's the beginning of a wonderful life full of peace and joy and a love that we cannot even imagine here on earth as human beings. I hope you have a wonderful week and a great start to the New Year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment