Thursday, February 27, 2014

THE LORD LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHAT!
February 24, 2014


I really want to say something awesome this week but I don't know what! Sister Winkelman was sick for 4 days so we stayed in and I almost died of boredom. I never realized how awesome it is to be able to go out and work all day and be healthy. I also realized that normal life is boring and I'm never coming back because watching videos and reading and sitting is boring. Sounds a lot like school.

This week we found a new family to teach! It's so cool to see how many families are so great and they just need that last piece of the gospel in their lives that will bind them together for eternity. It makes me sad because the mom said that she had grown up in the gospel and she had lost her faith and doesn't understand how people can have it. She had lost a baby and it broke her heart. She told us that just because she didn't have faith, didn't mean her children shouldn't learn about it, so she said we could come back and teach them. The whole time she was talking I had the impression that I needed to have a family prayer with them. We were about to leave and the words basically lept out of my mouth.. CAN WE SAY A PRAYER BEFORE WE LEAVE? She said yes. We all knelt down- the parents and the 4 kids. Just the feeling of kneeling down with a family made me want to cry. It was the best feeling of ... unity? I don't know how to describe it. If you are reading this please please please say a kneeling prayer with your families tonight and pray for your family to feel of God's love and to be protected from the harm of the world that destroys families. He will show you because HE LOVES FAMILIES. The feeling of kneeling down all together HEALS.

I talked about a family last week where the dad grew up Mormon and the wife did not. The husband's story is what I want to focus on this week. We went to teach the restoration. I asked him what he thought of the church now in his life, and he said that he thinks about the church daily. He said that he knows it's true because of prayer, but he just feels extremely guilty for some things that he does now in his life. This made me so sad, because so many times people are scared to go to church because they feel they aren't worthy or they think others have bigger or better testimonies so they don't share theirs or let theirs show. Or they just let time pass them by without living the gospel because its too hard. I'm telling you, NOW is the time to live it. THE LORD LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHAT. 

The time is coming when the world is crazy. Purity is not common, and sadness is everywhere, but the gospel is where the true happiness lies. I might have shared this quote before, but I will share it again because it is so important. "you may well want to give a gift to the Savior, but He seems to have everything, doesn't He? Well, not quite. He doesn't have all of us with Him again forever- not yet. I hope we are touched enough by the feelings of His heart to sense how much He wants to know each of us is coming home to Him. We can't give that gift to Him in one day, or in one Christmas. But we could show Him today, that we are on the way" -Henry B Eyring.  The Lord just wants to know we are coming back. The LORD is HASTENING His work. He is trying so hard to gather all of his children, to repair families, to heal hearts. and we need to let Him at this time because Jesus Christ is coming again. The world is crazy but He has prepared a way for us to feel true joy. Why wouldnt we take it? 

I wanted to include this in my email because family is so important at this time. Personal relationships with family conquer all things ungodly. Take the time to realize it, because Satan tries to break families apart. DO NOT LET HIM. I will take any step it takes to make sure that my family stays together forever. I love this gospel and I KNOW it is the answer to the evil in the world. Jesus Christ can make sure that all is okay. Everything is made right through the Atonement, and it is already done for us. Take a moment and think about it- the path is ALREADY prepared for us. The kingdoms in the heavens are already there. We just have to show Him that we are on the way. Don't be afraid to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment