Sunday, April 27, 2014

Because of Him
April 28, 2014


First, we moved into a new house and I'm staying here another transfer! which I'm super excited about. My companion was pretty sick this week so I'm not sure what to say!  So a while ago I talked about a part member family that we have been teaching, where the dad is less active and we are teaching the mom. It was the family where we got to hear the wife pray out loud for the first time. We got to teach them again this week! They have been going through some really hard times lately, so we decided to teach a simple lesson- faith in Jesus Christ. It was awesome because the husband's brother and his wife were there for the weekend. 

We were asking the wife about her feelings when she had prayed that time before, and I loved how she explained it. She explained that when she prayed, she felt a relief wash over her. She felt like she had let a lot out, and felt everything just was lifted from her and that a load was lifted from her back for a time. I was so happy that she described it in this way! because truly that is why Jesus Christ did the Atonement for us. So that if we let Him in, we can feel our burdens being equally yoked with our Savior and Redeemer. I know our Savior to be the Redeemer of my soul. I know that through everything that I'm going through in my life and on my mission, He is fitting me for the life above. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, miracles are possible. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is indescribable, but I know that it is real. My soul has been healed through Him. My testimony can be described in two words- HE LIVES. He lives and He loves us and because of Him, we are healed. We are able to share our burdens with someone who loves us more than we know.   Please watch  "Because of Him" on mormon.org

I was reading Joseph Smith history this week and really reflecting on his experience. For those of you who don't know, Joseph Smith came across the scripture James 1:5 in the Bible when he felt confused about which church to join. The scripture says if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God. So when I was reading Joseph Smith history, verse 26 stuck out to me. It says that "I had found the testimony of James to be true- that a man who lacked wisdom might ask of God, and obtain, and not be upbraided." All of a sudden everything made sense. He said the "testimony of James". When I think of a testimony, I think of a statement of truth that someone shares with others. there are spiritual experiences that we have had and we cannot deny, and we share these experiences through statements of truth. Every single sentence of the scriptures is a prophet's testimony. Every single sentence is a statement of truth- with a spiritual experience behind it that the prophet would not deny. It made me see the scriptures in such a different light- every story told, every verse- there is a spiritual experience that someone has had, showing the vast variety of miracles that are possible on this earth. James said that if you lack wisdom, you can ask of God because James KNEW that He would answer, because God answered him. The scriptures are so valuable because it shows how much God loves us and how much he wants to give us! 

I want you all to know my testimony. I know that Christ is my Savior and He atoned for the mistakes I make every day. I know that prayers are answered, especially if we listen. I know that I am loved and that I once knew my Heavenly Father and Savior in the premortal existence. I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true and it's the word of God. I know that I will live with my family for eternity in heaven by living the gospel here on earth...and I know that I love being a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment