Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Find Your Relationship with Christ
July 21, 2014


Hiking in Ouray,  the most beautiful place on earth, and Sister Smith and I getting lost in our jeep in the mountains!




I am here in Montrose now with Sister Smith! It's crazy because our ward is so huge and we are whitewashing and I got called as a new sister leader trainer and my partner is SISTER JONES MY TRAINER WHO I LOVE FOREVER. I'm excited to be here. It has been crazy this past week trying to figure everything out, we can never find the houses we are looking for and sometimes I forget I'm in Colorado! But it was a good week, trying to get to know the ward and tracting a lot. There is one story in particular that is sticking out to me.

So we were tracting and were about to leave, but we decided to do one more house. So we did, and we met this man that wasn't too interested in talking to us, but we got to know him a little bit and all of a sudden this HUGE impression came to me that we needed to tell him simply that God loved him. so much. So in the middle of the conversation, I said that I just really felt like I needed to tell him that he was important and that God loved him.  Then he just broke down CRYING! it was so unexpected and we kind of didn't know what to do.  As he cried he just told us how he had lost his wife last year and she was so faithful and he really drew on her faith. and right before she died, she said, "God deceived me." and it broke his heart and he didn't know what it meant, but his faith was completely shattered.
 It was an amazing experience to be able to tell him that we were representatives of our Savior Jesus Christ and He did not want him to feel this way. We shared with him how His church that He had established here on the earth had been restored with His priesthood power, and that he could and would live with his wife again through being sealed together for time and all eternity. This man appreciated what we said, but it did not end up going anywhere.

What stuck out to me was that we truly cannot rely on other people's testimonies of our Savior for our whole lives. We need a relationship of our own that we understand, and that we can grow and develop throughout our lives, so that our faith is not shattered in the matter of minutes. Our Savior Jesus Christ is unconquerable, and when we let Him into our lives, we are safe from the world and our families are protected by His sacred power. I love Him so much and I am so thankful that I get to be here sharing what He wants me to share because it has strengthened my relationship with Him. I've never felt so close to my Savior in my life and because of it, any challenge is worth it because I get to know Him better. I truly challenge you to find your own relationship with Christ! because He is our rock so that when the hard times come, we are okay. We are strong and we feel it. I love Him so much, and I am so happy to be here. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment