Monday, June 16, 2014

Families are Eternal
June 9, 2014


D& C 128:19 "Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth!..."

THIS SCRIPTURE DESCRIBES THE GOSPEL AND WHAT IT DOES. I have a new companion! Sister Loertscher! yeaaaaah! We have had the BEST WEEK OF ALL TIME. I'm not kidding. Like the best week of my entire mission. I may have said this before but, I MEAN IT NOW. If you're going to believe me one time, make this that time because we have seen more miracles this week than I have my entire mission. I love Sister Loertscher! She's been out three months and came from Glenwood Springs to here. She's allergic to watermelon and if she touches it I have to epi-pen her. I don't think she should trust me with that. She's also allergic to chocolate but eats it anyway because she likes it. We enjoy each other.


We taught the most lessons we've ever taught in this area! Lessons just came out of
nowhere and all of a sudden people started progressing! So I am going to tell you of some of the miracles. But, before I do, I just want to talk about the divinity of this calling and of this church. I know that it's true because I have literally seen people's lives and marriages change in even just one week from adopting a commandment into their life and into their home. Like the word of wisdom changed this one family's life in 3 days because they followed it! And now their marriage is better than ever before! and another family's life.. they read the Book of Mormon every single day and they know it's true and they have come closer in their marriage too and they are working towards getting the priesthood in their home! I just KNOW that the church is important because it puts you and your husband on the same page. You become one in purpose and THAT is the most amazing thing to see. This gospel isn't just something that MIGHT change your life, but it WILL because FAMILIES ARE ETERNAL and JESUS CHRIST is the head of this church. and nothing else matters. That is why this church is so divine and being a missionary is such a divine calling. We are called to help people get to know Christ so that He can change their lives. WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT!? IF YOU CAN'T TELL I LOVE LIFE RIGHT NOW.

Okay, so the man I talked about last week that made a HUGE change and used to be sad and stare out the window and now feels the Spirit in our lessons.  HE CAME TO CHURCH. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND HOW BIG OF A MIRACLE THIS IS. He has been taught by missionaries for TEN YEARS and he has NEVER, ever ever ever EVER COME TO SACRAMENT MEETING! but he came on Sunday… and I died. and I got to sit next to him. I think yesterday was the best day of my life.

Another miracle was we were tracting and we found a lady. She was really nice to us and talked to us at the door and then towards the end she told us that she is a member of the church but just fell away but WANTS us to come back and teach her and she wants to come to church and she wants to go back to the temple to be sealed with her husband! She was so ready for us it was unbelievable!  It was perfect timing. Also the lady that lives with her agreed to sit in our lessons so we get to teach her too! I love tracting. I really. love. tracting.

This is the best miracle of all time. Oh my gosh I hope my words can describe it well. The family we're teaching, the ones I always talk about, are doing SO WELL! We got to teach just "K" this week and it was the best. She was telling us how her health has been improving a lot and she is so amazed. And then it hit me. A few lessons back, like the first few times that we taught them- I promised her something.  This is where I learned the divinity of my calling as a representative of Jesus Christ. I had promised her that if she read the Book of Mormon every single day, her health would improve. She would find motivation in her life and she would know that it's true. The fulfilling of that promise was sitting right in front of me. She, in fact, had read the Book of Mormon every day and her health improved. and she knew it was true "without a doubt in her heart."  In that moment, I asked her if she had remembered what I had promised her that night. She said she couldn't remember exactly what I said, but she would never forget how she felt. I then told her what I had promised her. Tears started streaming down her face because she remembered. It finally clicked. Everything that we had been teaching was true.

I just want to bear my testimony that I KNOW that this is Jesus Christ's errand that I'm on. I'm not here for me in any way. I'm here so that these families can grow closer to their Savior Jesus Christ and be with Him for eternity, and so that the people around me can experience His love. I cannot believe the miracles that I've seen. I truly feel like I have gotten to know my Savior even more this past week, and I cannot wait to meet Him one day. I know that He is my Savior and I honestly don't know what I'd do without that knowledge. I love this gospel more than anything and I'm so thankful for my family and I want them to know that. I'm so thankful for everything that they've done for me. I want them to know how special they are. Each one of them individually is so great in the sight of God and they have so much potential to do great things in their life, even more than they already have. I know that they are special. I know they each have their divine missions here on earth and I'm so thankful I get to be in their lives.  I know we knew each other before this life and we agreed to come down here and make this earth experience the darn best earth experience we could together. I love you guys so much and I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm glad we get to live together for eternity. I love you and can't wait to see you again one day.


If you would like to receive a free Book of Mormon, visit Mormon.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment